Here are ten reasons to learn English - or any language really. I've chosen these ten reasons as they express a wide range of not only learning goals, but also personal goals.
9) MIT Media Lab founder Nicholas Negroponte takes you on a journey through the last 30 years of tech: http://www.ted.com/talks/nicholas_negroponte_a_30_year_history_of_the_future?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TEDTalks_video+%28TEDTalks+Main+%28SD%29+-+Site%29
8) Reasons to learn English: http://esl.about.com/od/intermediateenglish/fl/Ten-Reasons-to-Learn-English.htm?nl=1
6) Discurso de Oscar Shith: https://www.youtube.com/embed/OsJ5d12ybkA?rel=0
3) Why, I don't go to "copa": https://www.youtube.com/v/ZApBgNQgKPU?version=3&hl=pt_BR&rel=0&showinfo=0
2) Brené Brown studies human connection — our ability to empathize, belong, love. In a poignant, funny talk, she shares a deep insight from her research, one that sent her on a personal quest to know herself as well as to understand humanity. A talk to share. (Filmed at TEDxHouston.)
1) The secrets of learning a new language | Lýdia Machová: